Subject Leader (Sociology) - Mrs N Morrish
Sociology is a linear A-Level.
Sociology is an immensely challenging and exciting discipline. Its aim is to understand how societies work. It investigates the structures and cultures of different societies throughout the world and throughout history.
A-Level courses based on the AQA specification enable candidates to:
- Acquire knowledge and a critical understanding of contemporary social processes and structures
- Appreciate the significance of theoretical and conceptual issues in sociological debate
- Understand sociological methodology and a range of research methods
- Reflect on their own experience of the social world in which they live
- Develop skills which enhance their ability to participate more effectively in adult life
- MODULE 1 - Families and Households
- MODULE 2 – Education; Sociological Methods
- MODULE 3 – Beliefs in Society
- MODULE 4 - Crime and Deviance; Theory and Methods
At least a grade 6 in English Language.
More details on this course can be found in our Sixth Form Course Guide.