Careers and Higher Education
By the time our students leave Moulsham Sixth Form every student will have benefitted from the following experiences:
- Attended weekly year 12 sessions on higher education, gap years, student finance, Apprenticeships etc. along with weekly 'Cultural Capital' sessions delivered by external expert speakers on a variety of topics
- Been guided through the UCAS application process and made an application through UCAS, if they intend to go to university
- Had the opportunity to attend the UCAS Education Convention and individual university and college open days
- Had the opportunity to attend Apprenticeship and Skills events.
- Had the opportunity to seek advice and guidance from the school’s careers advisor for support with university and college applications and alternative options such as apprenticeships, seeking employment, voluntary work, taking a gap year etc
- Work experience - Our students will have the opportunity to undertake a minimum of one week’s work experience with a company of their choice, during their two years of Sixth Form study. Students will be responsible for arranging the placement, with support from family, friends and the school
- Trial interviews - Students will have benefitted from mock interview sessions with a member of our Senior Leadership Team
Future Study and Careers
Please see our main school website section below with many opportunities for higher education, apprenticeships, university workshops and much more. Check back regularly as these are added and also expire regularly.
Post-16 Home Learning Careers Projects from Careers Hub
In an effort to support home schooling and to ensure young people continue to have high aspirations and prospects, we have created a selection of projects for post-16 students that can be downloaded below:
Russell Group University information
See further details here
Personal Statement Workshop from Oriel College Oxford
Student finance – student loans or student grants for tuition fees and living costs, extra help, student loan repayments. Full details may be found here
Full test details may be found here including BMAT – Bio-Medical Admissions Test.
UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) for medical and dental degrees, used by a consortium of UK university medical and dental schools. See here
National Admissions Test for Law used by UK’s top universities as part of their undergraduate law admissions process. See here