School Logo

Moulsham High School

Advice and Support

Parents Guide to CAMHS

A guide for parents and carers about NHS mental health support for children and young people, known as CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services) or CYPMHS (Children and Young People's Mental Health Services), including how to access and work with services.

Click Here


Parents A-Z Mental Health Guide

Click Here

Mental Health Parent Programmes and advice videos available from NHS Norfolk and Suffolk Trust

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. How do I report my son/daughter sick?

A. You can report your son/daughter as sick either by phoning the school absence line on 01245 504504 or 01245 260101 Opt 1. Alternatively you can email or you may inform us via the Absence Hotline messaging function on the MyED app.

Q. My child needs to leave school during the day, what do I need to do?

A. Your child needs to bring a signed note from you on the day, stating; date & time they need to leave, where you will pick them up, when they will be back and nature of appointment. Where available a copy of the appointment card or medical letter should be provided for our records.

Q. What is a BFL?


A. A BFL is a Behaviour For Learning Merit. Outstanding work in all years is recognised by ‘BfL Merits' awarded at the discretion of individual staff. These are recorded electronically and reported home each half term.

Q. How do I find out about immunisations or jabs?


Queries relating to immunisations or flu jabs should be directed to the local NHS by calling 01376 302769 or emailing

Q. My son/daughter has lost his/her Show My Homework password, what can I do?

A. You can either email or contact your child's Pastoral Manager using

Q. Where can I get a Leave of Absence form?

A. This can be downloaded here, or collected from Student Services.

Q. How does my son/daughter access his/her Office 356 account?

A. Students can access their Office365 as well as SMHW, GCSE Pod and Magellan here. They can also access their Office365 account but clicking the button at the top of the screen. Where their school network login is 16johnsmith their email account is More information on Office365 can be found here.

Q. Where can I get another options form from? My son/daughter has misplaced his/hers.

A. Your son/daughter can request another form from the Pastoral Manager for his/her year group.

Q. Who do I contact regarding my son/daughter's datasheet?

A. You should contact the Standards & Progress Leader or the Pastoral Manager for his/her year group.

Q. What facilities are available for hire?

A. This information can be found here.

Q Where can I get a blank consent form for trips?

A. This can be downloaded here, or collected from Student Services.

Q How do I contact a teacher, or make an appointment to meet with a member of staff?

A. Please email us, and we will ensure your message is passed to the correct member of staff:

Q What after school clubs are there?

A. Details on all clubs and activities can be found here.

Q Where can I find updates on a trip my child is on?

A. If your child is currently on a trip and is expected back after school hours, please check twitter: @Moulsham_Trips for ETA and pickup details.

Q Who do I contact to query a detention?

A. If you have a query with a detention please direct it to the teacher who set it. If your child has a prior commitment and cannot attend the detention please notify us by email in advance, so that we can re-schedule it.

Q Who do I contact regarding lost property?

A. Please ask your students to check with Student Services and the PE department for any lost property. You can also email in a full description of the lost items to Please ensure all items are labelled to help us return them.

Q We've moved house, do I need to tell the school?

A. Yes. Please complete a "Change of Details" form, and return it to Student Services.

If you have any further questions or would like to leave feedback please email



For contact details of our staff please Click here 

Bridge Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 07663795.

Registered Office: Community Building, Bridge Academy Trust, Brian Close, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 9DZ.

Tel: 01245 202 937