For all who study music, whether through strong natural desire or a spirit of academic adventure, there is the enticing prospect of:
- Fostering a passion for, and a love of, a subject that enriches and enlivens people of all cultures
- Cultivating a deeper understanding of the diverse musical world that surrounds us
- Developing an enquiring mind and the ability to think critically and to make informed judgements
- Nurturing a creative imagination
- Discovering, experiencing, understanding, sharing and expressing feelings and abstract thoughts
- Revealing intangible aspects of human experience that are embodied in the creative arts, especially through music
Music Aptitude Admissions
From September 2019, 10% of our Year 7 intake will be selected by music aptitude. Selection will take place through a music aptitude test.
Parents will need to fill in an additional application form if they wish their child to sit this test. For more information, please contact our admissions team.
Please note that the music aptitude test for 2019 admissions has now taken place, and all further applications should go via the Local Authority before 31st October 2018. Please see our Year 7 Admissions page for more information.
All students at Moulsham High School have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument. These are weekly lessons that take place during the timetabled school day. Please speak to a member of the music department for further details, and see the lesson application form to the right of this page.
- www.classicalworks.com - Glossary of musical terms
- www.bbc.co.uk/orchestras/guide - Instruments of the orchestra
- www.soundonsound.com - Recording magazine - Music Technology
- www.exploratorium.edu/music/exhibits - Interactive musical games/activities