School Logo

Moulsham High School

History of MHS

Moulsham High School first opened in 1938 as two separate schools - Moulsham Senior Boys' School, and Moulsham Senior Girls' School. The two schools combined in 1972 to become the joint Moulsham High School.


1938 School Opening

The official opening of the new Moulsham Schools took place at 3pm on Wednesday 21st September 1938, in the assembly hall of the Senior Boys’ School. Before the ceremony the Mayor of Chelmsford, Councillor J T Bellamy, unveiled a memorial tablet in the entrance hall of the Senior School. In the hand-written Junior Girls’ School log book, Headmistress Miss Rankin recorded that: "All staffs and children from the Senior and Junior Schools attended the final ceremony – unfurling the flag and singing the National Anthem".


The Headteachers of the Boys' and Girls' Senior Schools came to join Moulsham from the Trinity Road schools.


School Heads

From To Moulsham Senior Boys' School Moulsham Senior Girls' School
1938 1950 Mr Hutchinson  
1938 1942   Mrs Sayers (née Brown)
1942 ?   Miss Portzi
1950 1972 Mr Smith  
? 1972   Mrs Golledge
From To Moulsham High School 
1972 1991 Mr Andrews
1991 2010 Dr Nicholls
2010 2018 Mr Farmer
From To Executive Head Teacher Head of School
2018 2019 Mr Farmer Miss Mead
From To Moulsham High School 
2019 Present Miss Mead

Bridge Academy Trust is a charitable company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales with company number 07663795.

Registered Office: Community Building, Bridge Academy Trust, Brian Close, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 9DZ.

Tel: 01245 202 937