Why work in Chelmsford
Chelmsford offers residents a fantastic quality of life. With great services available, a vibrant leisure offer, quality parks, some of the best schools in the country and beautiful countryside, it's not surprising that Chelmsford was named in 2010 as the country's happiest place to live and voted by Channel 4's "Location, Location, Location" as the eighth best place to live nationally.
Recently awarded City status by HM the Queen, Chelmsford has all the facilities that would be expected of a 21st Century city, set within a quality environment full of charm and character. Two of the country's top-performing grammar schools are located in Chelmsford as well as the rapidly expanding Anglia Ruskin University. Shopping facilities are of the highest order and Chelmsford will soon be the home of the first John Lewis in Essex.
The Chelmsford quality of life checklist
- Newest city in England
- Some of the best performing UK schools
- Rapidly expanding university
- Over 1.1 million square feet of shopping
- 1,700 acres of parks and green spaces, including many Green Flag parks
- Three theatres and an exciting cultural events programme
- Home of Essex County Cricket Club, Chelmsford City FC and Chelmsford Chieftains Ice Hockey
- Three sports centres and an ice rink
- Beautiful high quality countryside and peaceful villages
Below you will find some useful links relating to living and working in Essex