PE - Key Stage 5
PE is a linear A-Level.
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Skill acquisition
- Sport and society
- Exercise physiology
- Biomechanical movement
- Sport psychology
- Sport and society and the role of technology in physical activity and sport
Paper 1: Factors affecting participation in physical activity and sport
- Section A: Applied anatomy and physiology
- Section B: Skill acquisition
- Section C: Sport and society
Paper 2: Factors affecting optimal performance in physical activity and sport
- Section A: Exercise physiology and biomechanics
- Section B: Sport psychology
- Section C: Sport and society and technology in sport
Non-exam assessment: Practical performance in physical activity and sport
- Students assessed as a performer or coach in the full sided version of one activity
- Plus: written/verbal analysis of performance
After the course
Students have, in the past, progressed to higher education to follow a Sport Science or Physical Education course. Other students have used their experience to develop coaching and teaching roles.
Students should have obtained a grade 6 at GCSE and should be participating in sport on a weekly basis at a good level.