History - Key Stage 3
Throughout KS3 students complete thematic studies on social, economic and political history, focusing on the following enquiries:
- How has the political power in Britain changed? What impact have invaders had?
- How have the lives of ordinary people changed 1066-2010?
- How has power and leadership changed 1066-2010?
- What impact did the British Empire have for its people, then and now? Was it ‘Great’?
- The Transatlantic slave trade.
- Women and universal suffrage. Getting the vote.
- Does war change lives and how is it remembered?
- Challenges to democracy
- The civil rights movement in the United States?
- Medicine through time (preparation for KS4 GCSE)