MFL - Key Stage 4
To study French, German or Spanish at GCSE you must have been taught the respective language at KS3.
Why Study a Language at GCSE?
- 75% of the world’s population do not speak English
- 70% of British companies conduct some business in other countries
- 60%+ of British trade is with non-English speaking countries
- Companies need people with language skills - 45% of international businesses experience language and cultural issues as barriers to international business
- Business is done in French in the following countries: France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Switzerland, Quebec, Cameroun, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Madagascar and Ivory Coast
- German is the native language of well over 120 million people in the world and is the official language of not just Germany, but also Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Speaking a foreign language allows you to discover other cultures and to meet different people
What will I be studying?
- A range of topics and related grammar that will enable you to speak and understand the foreign language at a level acceptable to natives and future employers
- The cultural background of countries where French, German or Spanish are spoken