Year 7 Admissions
Year 7 Induction Days Information 30/6/22 & 1/7/22
-Please can students arrive by 8.45 and go to the circular playground in front of the Auditorium and next to the end of the Livingstone Building, where our 6th Form students will meet you.
- Find your form group sign, which will held up by your Form Tutor or 6th Form student.
- Bring a pencil case, snack for break, drink(bottle)
- Lunch will be provided
- At the end of Period 5 (early finish) 3.10pm students will either go home as they would do at the end of a normal school day or be escorted over to the West Hall to be supervised until they are collected by an elder sibling.
- If you are collecting them, please can you walk to school. You can meet them by the Brian Close entrance to the school or the entrance/exit to Moulsham Junior School. Please make sure you child knows about this.
Our next Prospective Parents' Open Evening takes place on 22nd September 2022.
Applications for admission in Year 7 must be made direct to the Local Authority by the closing date published in the Secondary Education in Essex booklet. For further details visit: www.essex.gov.uk/admissions.
10% of our Year 7 intake is now selected by music aptitude and selection takes place through an in-person Music Aptitude test.
Our Music Aptitude Test takes place after the September Open Evening and results are posted before the deadline day for handing in forms to Essex County Council Admissions in October. This years tests will take place on:
Thursday 6th October 2022 at 4pm and Tuesday 11th October 2022 at 4pm.
In order to apply through the music aptitude admissions route, please complete the application form below in the first instance. You should apply for your child's school place via Essex County Council as well in the normal way.
The test is designed to be purely on aptitude and not musical ability with multiple choice questions, for example, on rhythm recognition and pitch recognition. Students will not be disadvantaged for not currently being able to play a musical instrument.
We will accept 27 students based on the Music Aptitude test. There is a pass mark for the test and students will be ranked according to their result. A waiting list will be kept if more than 27 pass the test.
The intended number of admissions for September 2021 is 270. In the event of over-subscription, places will be allocated using the following criteria in the order given:
- Looked after children and children who were previously looked after *.
- Children with a sibling** attending the school, including the Sixth Form at the point of making the application.
- Straight line distance*** from home to school, those living closest being given highest priority.
(*LA sibling definition applies)
In the event of over subscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given highest priority. Exceptional medical circumstances (supported by medical evidence) may override the above.
If your child is not offered a place at our school, you can appeal against the decision. You need to make an appeal within 20 days of receiving the decision letter or email.
To find out more about appealing an admission decision, please visit the Local Authority website: www.essex.gov.uk/Admissions/Appeals
Our Headteacher's Open Evening Presentation
Year 7 Admissions
Essex County Council Admissions Team
t: 0345 603 2200
Pastoral Manager (Years 7 & 8)
Year 7 Standards & Progress Leader