Personal Development at Moulsham High School
At Moulsham High School, we strongly believe that we have a responsibility to develop our students personally as well as academically. In particular we want students to:
- Grow into responsible, respectful and active citizens.
- Reflect wisely, learn eagerly, behave with integrity and cooperate consistently well with others.
- Possess confidence and resilience.
- Understand how to keep healthy (physically and mentally) and maintain an active lifestyle.
- Develop their individual interests and talents.
To achieve these aims, students are offered a wide, rich set of experiences both within and outside the taught curriculum. These include:
- The Duke of Edinburgh Award Scheme.
- Trips and visits, e.g. Stubbers in Year 7, the Battlefields in Year 9 and Tate Modern in Year 11.
- A wide variety of sports clubs.
- Music groups and our annual musical production (‘School Of Rock’ in 2019).
- Subject led clubs such as those in science and geography.
- Charity fundraising, e.g. the Thriftwood School Party and The Tenner Challenge.
- Leadership opportunities, including student librarians, prefects, sports leaders and school council representatives.
- Visiting speakers, e.g. a Holocaust survivor, our local M.P.
- Visiting theatre companies, e.g. Frantic Assembly, the Tudors workshop.