'For every child to leave our classrooms with an empowering command of the written and spoken word'
Aim of Moulsham High School - across all areas and departments of the school
One of our key teaching and learning priorities is to improve our students' literacy across the curriculum.
Parents can help with this by encouraging good literacy, helping with homework, talking about reading and supporting the school in our aim of improving the literacy of ALL our students.
- A selection of helpful 'Subject-Specific Words' can be found in the student planner.
'Exam Words' are used in GCSE exams. It is important to know what these words mean so that you can answer the question properly. These can also be found in the student planner.
An Interactive revision site for KS4 pupils in English. Every Year 11 student can log into the site with their own logon and access both an e-book version of the Hodder text books and additional revision tasks. Click here for instructions.
- Times Spelling Bee - An online version of the national competition, with spelling challenges and quizzes
- BBC Bitesize - Support for the English Curriculum
- Comic Master - Create a graphic novel
- Channel 4 Learning - A variety of helpful activities and games
- Visu Words - Visualise and be creative with words
- Bright Knowledge - Tips on how to write an essay
- Free Rice - Work on vocabulary and meanings